Microsoft announced a bunch of new features coming to their email service. The users will start seeing these new features in their inboxes over the period of next few weeks. Adding to that is a new Android app which can be downloaded from here.
Microsoft blogged, after spending just five days with Outlook.com, 4 out of 5 Gmail users said they would switch to Outlook.com.
Below is a list of improvements coming:
- One-click archiving with a new Archive button in the toolbar.
- More keyboard shortcuts. You will be able to discover all of them by simply typing a “?” while you are in your inbox.
- Finished composing a new mail? press “Tab” and hit “Enter”, your mail is sent
- Conversation threading provides you with the ability to see all responses in a conversation via just one view
- More customization to your inbox with more color themes, ability to choose between “Reply” and “Reply All” as your default, and you can now choose where you want to return after deleting a mail.
My personal favorite is this. I can now choose if I want to “go back to inbox” or “read next message” after deleting a mail.
If you are a Gmail user, and are willing to give Outlook.com a try, please head over to this 5-step upgrade guide.